If you’re trying to find one of the best and most popular dating sites around the world, then Match.com is a strong competitor worth noticing.
Match.com has a massive active user base, very useful features in their matching system, and plenty of boosts and opportunities to make sure anyone finds their ideal match here.
Let’s dive into this comprehensive review of Match.com and reveal everything that it has to offer.
- Match.com is an excellent dating site for all types of users looking for different types of relationships, most commonly serious and long-term relationships.
- The platform understands your preferences and your ideal match by asking you to fill out a comprehensive questionnaire upon registration.
- You can enhance your profile with photos, voice recordings, descriptions, and answers to preset questions, providing a comprehensive overview of you.
- There’s a “Swipe” feature for quick browsing, adjustable search criteria, daily personalized match suggestions, and a feature showing online users for immediate interaction.
- Match.com offers Live Rooms for real-time group discussions and organizes events.
- Basic features like viewing profiles and photos are free, but advanced functionalities like sending unlimited messages, video calls, and seeing profile visitors require a Premium subscription.
- Match.com has iOS and Android mobile apps.
Match.com Pros and Cons
Before we go deeper into the review, here are some pros and cons to keep in mind.
- Large active user base, offering a wide variety of potential matches.
- Comprehensive and detailed matching system to improve match quality.
- Includes features like video chat and audio messages.
- Available on both iOS and Android platforms.
- Many key features, like unlimited messaging and video calls, are only available with a paid Premium subscription.
- The necessity of purchasing additional features (like Incognito mode, Love Notes) separately could add to the overall cost.
- Automatic subscription renewal could be a downside if you prefer more control over your membership.
- No money-back guarantee.
- Over 60% of its users prefer using Match.com on mobile.
- 57% of visitors are male while 43% are female.
- It’s popular among all age groups but a bit more popular among 45+ users.
Now, let’s get the ball rolling. First up, you must create your own account, share some information about yourself, and upload your best photo of yourself.
We begin by filling out a very short form that helps the platform learn who you are and who you’re looking for.
After that, it dives much deeper by presenting you with a questionnaire filled with unique and interesting questions about you, your interests, your appearance, and information about your ideal match.
All of this should only take you a few minutes. However, don’t be afraid to take your time with your questionnaire and make sure all of the information you submit is honest.
Once you’re done with this step, you can now begin customizing your profile and enjoying the real benefit of the platform.
After registering and logging in, you can access your profile by clicking on your profile image and on “Edit My Profile”.
Here, you will see that there are different sections you can edit. Each section is designed to showcase crucial information about you.
We begin with the Photos section.
This section allows you to open up and allow others to learn more about you from a few short sentences.
About me and More
In this section, you can answer some pre-made questions that the platform offers to every user upon registration.
What I’m looking for
In this section you can describe your perfect match.
Now, let’s dive into the wonders and benefits that the famous Match.com matching system has to offer.
After you’ve perfectly customized your profile, you will want to go to the Home Page of the platform.
The first thing you will see is the “Swipe” feature. It’s pretty standard for dating websites. You can either Like or Skip the recommended profile. Sometimes there is also an option to Message to user right away.
With this feature, you can adjust your search criteria. Just click the top right icon and it will pop up a long list of filters to play around with, including a distance bar that lets you control how far away your potential matches live from you.
The “Highlights” feature offers suitable matches for you every day. If you’re having trouble matching with someone from the other features here, then the Selection might offer a better chance, since these profiles are more likely to correspond with yours better.
The “Events” tab will display current or upcoming events that are happening on the platform. These events are almost always an excellent way to meet new people and have something to talk about.
There won’t always be active events but when there are, you can expect a whole lot of fun.
Finding your way around Match.com is a seamless experience that anyone will enjoy.
Every single important feature the platform has to offer can be found in the navigation panel at the top of the page.
Just pick what feature you want to use and click on it. That’s literally all it takes.
Even then, each feature is designed in a way that someone with no experience at all with dating sites or apps can easily figure out their way around it.
Now, we already talked about some of the tabs and features, but there are still some additional functionality you need to know about.
There are four features here, each with its own benefits.
- Likes: See who has liked your profile.
- Messages: Have conversations, talk and chat with other users in private.
NOTE: These features are Premium. In other words, you need to subscribe to the Premium version of Match.com to have access to them.
Match.com is available to download as an app on iOS and Android devices for free. The apps have tens of millions of downloads and hundreds of thousands of positive reviews across both platforms. From this alone, it’s safe to say that people like using the apps.
When you download the app, the registration process is very similar to the website version. Customizing your profile and navigating through the features is also extremely easy. The navigation panel is located at the bottom of the screen and you get quick access to the most important features from there.
Overall, it’s easy using the app and a smooth experience for anyone regardless of what device they have.
Upon registration and the creation of your account, you’ve probably noticed that Match.com does ask for quite a bit of information from you. Even though all of that is completely necessary if you want to find a good match, you still might be worried about how they use that information and whether or not it is safe.
So, here’s what you need to know.
Match.com collects user information for account creation and service delivery.
The list includes login credentials, basic details like gender and date of birth, profile information (interests, lifestyle), photos, videos, and payment information for paid services.
So, aside from the quality of your profile and the services, what exactly is this information used for?
This information is used for the following purposes:
- User account management
- Service improvement
- Targeted marketing
- Fraud prevention
- Legal compliance
- Enhancing user interactions on the platform
It’s safe to say that your information is mainly used to make your experience on Match.com a very enjoyable one.
Free Features vs Paid Features
Hopefully, you really started enjoying Match.com, as countless others before you have. Now, it’s time to compare the platform’s main features and find out which ones come free and which ones require paying the Premium subscription.
There are two plans: Standard and Premium.
Standard plan prices
Premium plan prices
Additionally, you can buy a so called Boost. This feature boosts your profile for 60 minutes in order to get more views and likes. The price starts at $3 per boost.
- American Express
Does the Subscription Renew Automatically?
Is There a MoneyBack Guarantee (Refund Policy)?
No, Match.com doesn’t offer Refunds.
How to Cancel Subscription or Delete Account?
Follow these steps if you want to cancel your Match.com membership or delete your Match.com account.
- To cancel your Match.com Premium membership: Click on your Profile image > go to “My Account” > click on “My Subscription.
- To delete your Match.com account: Click on your Profile image > go to “My Account” > click on “Delete my profile” > enter your current email and password to continue.
There you have it! You are now perfectly ready to jump in and find the perfect match on Match.com. We’ve just explored everything the platform has to offer. Have fun and good luck!