Best Sex Swings and Slings. How to Choose and How to Use Them?
Sex swings have the tendency to make sex even more exciting, thrilling, and satisfying than it already is. You can also add so many different BDSM sex toys to the experience, such as nipple clamps, ball gags, bondage rope, and countless more.
For now, you’re going to overcome your worries about finding the best sex swing because this guide will offer every piece of important information on buying sex swings you’ll ever need.
We’ll discuss the different types, different parts, what to look for, pricing, features, and more. In the end, you’ll know exactly what makes a good sex swing worth buying.
If you’re ready, let’s dive in!
Table of contents
Key Tips for Choosing the Best Sex Swings and Slings
- There are three main types of sex swings you can get, including door sex swings, ceiling sex swings, and sex swings with stands.
- The average price range between all types of sex swings is from $50 and over $1000. Door sex swings are the cheapest while sex swings with stands are the most expensive on average.
- When buying a sex swing, you need to pay special attention to its size, weight limit, ease of installation, comfort levels, adjustability levels, and its type.
- After washing a sex swing, it can take up to a day or two for all of its parts to fully dry.
- Door sex swings are the easiest to set up. Ceiling sex swings are the riskiest. And sex swings with stands take the most time and have the most parts.
- Sex swings have different weight limits. Usually, it’s around 330 lbs (150 kg), but it’s better to double-check this info before you buy.
Sex Swings We Recommend
Fetish Fantasy Bondage Swing
This bondage swing is fairly easy to use and ideal for a beginner to this type of sex toy. It gives you the opportunity to try an unlimited number of sex positions with your partner. Best of all, you can adjust it to sit at any height or angle, making the Fetish Fantasy Bondage Swing perfect for anyone. Oh yes, and the perfectly placed D-rings can be connected to wrist and ankle cuffs for a very exciting experience every time.
- Adjustable height and angle
- Sturdy and durable
- Simple and great for beginners
- Supports most body types
- Not the most comfortable straps out there
Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Spinning Sex Swing
The Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Spinning Sex Swing is one of the most affordable ceiling-mounted sex swings out there. It’s also surprisingly comfortable and very adjustable as well. There are two long body straps and two foot straps that will ensure that you and your partner are free to try any position you want on the swing.
- It’s very stable
- Has an industrial-strength support frame
- Quite comfortable to use
- Simple and easy-to-use design
- Not suitable for high ceilings
Trinity Vibes - 360° Spinning Sex Swing
Your arms, legs, shoulders, back or any other part of your body will feel amazing thanks to this extra comfortable sex swing. This spinning sex swing can fully rotate and will not get tangled, adding to the experience and thrill. The swing is super easy to set up and is great for beginners. It is a bit more expensive, but its incredible functionality and comfort more than make up for it.
- Spinning enhances the experience
- Very effective foot straps
- The top bar improves stability during use
- Unhelpful instructions
- Could use wider straps
DOMINIX Deluxe Fantasy Bondage Swing
With this highly versatile sex swing from Dominix, you can perfectly enjoy exciting sex positions that would be difficult to achieve without it. This one comes with removable wrist and ankle cuffs that can be adjusted and used in several different ways. Overall, this is a very sturdy and durable sex swing made from high quality materials. You will notice this as soon as you jump on it.
- It’s super easy to use
- Very stable and sturdy
- Reasonable price
- A neck support would have been helpful
Sportsheets Sex Swing Door Jam Kit
If you’re looking for a simple and portable sex swing that you can pull out of your bag and use anytime, anywhere, then this is it. The Sportsheets Sex Swing is a high-quality yet super simple sex swing that anyone can use with ease. You can adjust its height and try out different sex positions at will.
- High quality
- Adjustable height
- Not the most comfortable straps
Fetish Fantasy Deluxe Fantasy Door Swing
This is one of the most affordable sex swings you’ll ever find that’s still worth buying. Usually in the sex toy industry, cheaper is almost never better. However, the Deluxe Fantasy Door Swing can provide a wonderful experience for you and your partner thanks to its durable materials and fully adjustable features. It easily fits through most doors and is versatile enough to guarantee a fun time for everyone.
- Super affordable
- Compatible with almost any door
- Adjustable design
- Durable and sturdy
- Can’t rotate or spin
Strict Extreme Sling and Stand
Here’s a premium sex swing for those who don’t want to drill holes in their ceiling, but still want more freedom than a door sex swing has to offer. The Strict Extreme Sling comes with its own stand, plenty of straps, and a very wide and versatile seat. The possibilities are endless with this sex toy, but it also takes up a lot of space in your home.
- Very durable and sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- Won’t tip over
- Extremely versatile
- It’s quite comfortable
- It takes up a lot of space
- It’s quite expensive
Whipsmart Body Sex Swing
This is a body swing. That means you don’t have to attach it to doors, ceilings, or even stands. Instead, it’s attached to you or your partner’s body. The Whipsmart body sex swing allows you to ride your partner with comfort, thrill and stability. Plus, the swing is adjustable and padded for extra comfort. And thanks to its small size, you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Extremely discreet and portable
- Very easy to use
- Fully adjustable
- Padded stirrups
- A little expensive for its type
LeatherFury Leather Sling
If you’re looking for the ultimate comfort and don’t mind paying a little more, you’ll fall in love with the LeatherFury. The sling offers maximum support and gives you and your partner the freedom to move around and truly explore any sex position you can imagine.
- Strong and durable materials
- High quality
- Exceptionally comfortable
- Easy to use
- Takes up a lot of space
How to Choose the Right Sex Swing for You
A good sex swing is one that feels comfortable during use and fits perfectly inside your home. Because not all homes are the same, the right sex swing for you may be the worst one for someone else.
So, in order to find the best one, we need to go over a couple of very important features. Let’s begin!
What Is a Sex Swing?
A sex swing is a sex toy that couples can use to significantly enhance sexual intercourse. One partner comfortably sits on the sex swing and experiences limited mobility while the other partner is free to control the situation and move around them freely.
There are lots of different and unique sex swings out there. This makes learning about them very important if you want to make the right choice upon purchase.
Different Types of Sex Swings
You will also find that choosing the best swing for you depends greatly on knowing all the main types of sex swings. Usually, this is very important and will depend on how much free space you have in your home.
Door Sex Swings
These sex swings require the least amount of space. Most of them can be mounted on any regular door and will sit tightly and securely during use.
So, the benefits here are that door-mounted sex swings are super portable, easy to store, super easy to set up, and quite discreet.
The drawbacks are that they do not offer as much freedom as other sex swings. You won’t be able to spin your partner and not all sex positions will be so easy to perform.
Ceiling Sex Swings
Ceiling sex swings are swings that you attach to your ceiling by drilling and screwing a hook inside. In order to have fun with such a sex swing, you need to have a little bit of extra space in your house and preferably a room that is not easily accessible by any guests or similar.
The benefits of using ceiling sex swings are that they offer lots of freedom to move around and enjoy the experience. They also support and allow you to try tons of sex positions.
The drawbacks are that they are more expensive than door sex swings and that they require a bit of work during setup, especially during the installation of the hook in the ceiling.
Sex Swings with Stands
Some sex swings come with their own stand. These swings are much easier to install than ceiling sex swings but they also take up much more space compared to any other type of sex swing.
The benefits of using sex swings with stands are that there is no permanent hook in your ceiling, they are very durable, and you can set them up anywhere there’s enough space in your house. Plus, they are very easy to install.
The drawback is that these swings take up so much space.
Body Sex Swings
These are not sex swings per se, but they are helpful if you love sex positions that require holding your sex partner. Such a swing makes such sex positions much easier.
What to Look for in a Sex Swing
There are a couple of things you definitely don’t want to overlook when shopping for a sex swing. These features will determine whether you make a great choice or a very bad one, therefore wasting your money.
But don’t worry, once you’re done with this guide you’ll have everything you need to know which sex swing will be perfect for you.
Setup and Installation
If you’ve never owned a sex swing before, it’s very important that you are confident you can set it up and assemble it properly.
Now, some sex swings require a little experience and knowledge when it comes to setting them up, even with the provided instructions.
But, other sex swings are extremely easy to assemble. For example, door sex swings will usually be much easier to install than sex swings with stands.
In any case, make sure you’re up for the task.
Usually, sex swings are designed to comfortably fit the average person. This means the regular dimensions in terms of height or width will suit most people.
However, it’s important to know that there are also plus-size sex swings. These swings allow overweight users to enjoy the sex toy comfortably and without any issues.
Yes, all sex swings have a weight limit. It doesn’t matter if it’s a door swing, a free-standing sex swing, or anything else, it will not hold after a certain amount of weight has been exceeded.
So, please ALWAYS check the swing’s weight limit before buying. Not all swings have the same limit. You’d be surprised by how low some swings have it. Having said that, don’t forget to check this.
The way to see how comfortable a sex swing might be is by carefully analyzing the product’s images and reading a lot of reviews.
First, you’ll look at the sex swing and try to look carefully at the thickness of the paddings and the size of the straps. Some swings have very thin padding and super tight straps. This usually results in an uncomfortable experience.
Second, simply open up the review section of any sex swing you like and try to find comments on the comfort. Users are usually honest and will tell you whether that particular sex swing feels comfortable or not.
As we already mentioned, there are a couple of different kinds of sex swings. This is incredibly important if you want to make the right choice.
So, the type usually has to do with room space and way of attachment.
First, you need to consider how much free space you have for the swing. If you have a lot of space, for example, an entire room dedicated to this, then you can easily purchase a sex swing with a stand.
If you have very little space, then you’re much better off buying a door sex swing.
Second, if you’re getting a ceiling sex swing, you need to determine whether your ceiling can support this. Additionally, some users have very high ceilings, so this needs to be put into consideration too, as most sex swings don’t go all the way down to the floor.
Adjustability is another crucial factor you will want to consider when buying a sex swing. But, which parts do you think are adjustable?
Well, first of all, you can adjust the straps. You can make them tighter, wider, move them up and down, and similar.
Then, you can also adjust the swing’s height. In other words, you can adjust how low it hangs from the ceiling, door, or its stand.
Now remember, not all sex swings will be adjustable. Even if they are, not all sex swings will offer the same level of adjustment. You need to carefully analyze this and read the swing’s specifications and description. That’s the only way you’ll know what you’re buying.
How Much Does a Sex Swing Cost?
The most common price tag we’ve seen after going through hundreds of sex swings is around the $200 mark. Now, this by itself doesn’t mean a whole lot. Why? Because there are good sex swings for $70 as well.
In order for this to make more sense, we need to quickly go over the average price tags of sex swings based on their type, which is what usually determines the price range in this area.
So, let’s start from the least expensive and move up to the most expensive sex swings.
- Door sex swings: These are the most affordable types of sex swings, usually costing between $50 and $100.
- Ceiling sex swings: This type of sex swing most commonly costs around $200. However, you will sometimes find ones that cost $100 and others $300.
- Sex swing with stand: These are the most expensive types of sex swings. Their average price tag is usually $500 and above. You’ll easily find sex swings with stands that cost $1000 or more as well.
How to Use a Sex Swing
The first thing you need to remember when using your sex swing is proper installation. Setting up the swing correctly will make sure you get to enjoy it safely and comfortably.
Once you’re done with that, you can follow these steps:
- Either you or your partner will choose who to sit or lie down on the swing. First, the person should sit down on the swing itself.
- Then, the person can carefully insert their legs in the leg straps and bend down if they want to take a more relaxed leaned-back position.
- Third, the partner sitting on the swing can use their hands to grab onto something for some extra stability. Usually, most sex swings have straps or a bar at the top for this.
- Lastly, the partner not on the swing can take control and have some fun.
- Oh yes, and after you are done ensure that both you and your partner help each other while you or they get off the swing. It’s easy to lose stability and fall as you’re trying to get off.
NOTE: One of the best things about sex swings is that all of them are used in the same or a very similar way. So, you don’t have to worry about which type to get in terms of how to use it.
How to Hang a Sex Swing
Hanging a sex swing properly also depends on its type. In fact, the way you hang it actually determines what type of sex swing it is.
Having said all that, let’s go over how to hang each type of sex swing.
- Door sex swings: With these swings, it’s super simple. Just open your door, grab the straps that are used for hanging the swing, place them over the door, and close the door. Now you have a secure sex swing that you and your partner can enjoy.
- Ceiling sex swings: These swings might actually be the trickiest to hang and set up. The process involves drilling a hole in the ceiling and mounting the swing hook properly. You will have instructions for this, but it’s usually a good idea to have a professional help you with this. Maybe someone who is experienced in handy work.
- Sex swings with a stand: And lastly, you will want to take your time with these swings. They usually have the most parts to assemble but they are surprisingly simple when you follow the instructions.
How to Clean a Sex Swing
Washing a sex swing is usually tricky. The most annoying part is that they can take days to dry after you’ve washed them. But, the bright side is that you don’t need to do a super deep clean after each and every use like with many other toys such as chastity cages, for example.
When it comes to sex swings with removable straps, you can safely throw these swings in the wash but make sure you set it on COLD.
As for the sex swings without removable straps, you will have to HAND WASH these swings.
After you’re done with the cleaning process, make sure to hang the swing and let it dry fully. There are some parts on some sex swings that will take a day or two to fully dry out, so be patient.
NOTE: If you end up throwing your sex swing in the dryer, please DO NOT set it on “heat”. Only use the “dry” setting because otherwise, the plastic parts will melt.
Sex Swings Pros and Cons
Finally, let's do a quick recap of the main benefits and drawbacks that come with buying and using a sex swing.
- Sex swings allow you to try countless new positions
- They’re great for keeping relationships alive
- Many sex swings are actually pretty affordable
- Sex swings offer tons of BDSM possibilities
- They make sex easier and require less stamina
- Some sex swings are difficult to set up.
- It takes practice to use them freely
- Cleaning sex swings can be difficult
Now, you should be ready to find the best sex swing that will offer you and your partner a whole range of new and satisfying sexual experiences. Make sure to read the guide again carefully and ensure you don’t miss out on crucial details before buying.
Generally, sex swings are safe to use considering you follow the installation and use instructions. In any case, you should be careful and take things slowly at first, until you get the hang of it.
Yes, sex swings are for everyone, regardless of the gender of both partners. There are so many ways to have fun with sex swings, making them highly versatile and suitable for anyone to use. But don’t forget to check the weight limit of the swing you buy.
It depends on the type of sex swing you’re getting. Door sex swings require the least amount of space, while sex swings with stands need the most space. Ceiling sex swings are somewhere in the middle of these two.
You can easily find out if a sex swing can support your weight simply by reading its specifications. All sex swings have a weight limit, and this will tell you whether or not a particular sex swing can easily offer you the satisfaction you need.