How to Choose a Wearable Vibrator?
Table of contents
What Is a Wearable Vibrator?
A wearable vibrator is a type of vibrator that you can “wear”, allowing you to use it hands-free. These are handy sex toys that can help out in your foreplay, during sex, or even allow you to enjoy some highly satisfying public play as well.
There are tons of ways you can have fun with wearable vibrators. You just have to get creative. In this guide, we’ll talk about the most important aspects of wearable vibrators, ensuring you get the right one for you.
Important Features of a Wearable Vibrator
Unfortunately, there isn’t one wearable vibrator that’s the “best” for everyone. However, you can improve your chances of finding the perfect one by learning more about this device.
Here are some of its most important features to look out for:
If you prefer to be discreet with your sex toys, you’ll be glad that many wearable vibrators fit this criterion. For example, vibrating panties and egg vibrators feature designs that make it difficult to tell that you’re carrying a sex toy in your pocket or purse.
When getting a wearable vibrator, always make sure it supports remote control or app control. This is a crucial feature that makes controlling the toy’s vibrations much, much easier.
Wearable vibrators are usually very quiet. Some feature whisper-quiet motors that make it very difficult to hear the toy, even in total silence.
Wearable vibrators are wireless, rechargeable sex toys. When buying one, make sure it vibrates for a longer period of time than it takes to recharge. For example, many of them have a 1-2 hours of battery life and take only 30 minutes to recharge.
Having a completely waterproof sex toy is always a rewarding benefit. Not only does it not get damaged from water, but it makes the cleaning process a lot easier.
Different Types of Wearable Vibrators
There are two types of wearable vibrators: external and internal wearable vibrators.
- External: The external types are wearable vibrators that stimulate you externally. This usually refers to wearable panty vibrators.
- Internal: As for the internal ones, these are wearable vibrators that you insert usually inside the vagina. They stimulate the G-spot and are designed in a way that makes it comfortable for you to wear them even when you’re not staying still.
How Much Do They Cost?
Wearable vibes are not the most expensive vibrators out there. Most of them cost between $50 and $150. Obviously, you can expect some exceptions.
A few factors that will impact the price of a wearable vibrator are the following:
- Remote/App Control
- Quality of its waterproof capabilities
- Quality of materials
- Battery life
Are Wearable Vibrators Anal Safe?
If it’s not categorized as an “anal-safe” sex toy, then it probably is not safe to use anally. Even though they are wearable and may look like they will easily fit inside your anus, it’s important to remember that an anal vibrator must have a flared base. Without this, the device can get stuck in there and cause a lot of problems. Many people use egg vibrators anally, but it’s not safe and if you’re among such users, keep in mind all the possible risks.
So, if any vibrator is not marked as “anal-safe’, keep it away from your anus.
Note: Vibrating butt plugs can also be considered wearable, and they are of course anal safe.
How to Use Wearable Vibrators in Public?
If you’ve never tried a wearable vibe, you should probably take note of some of these tips to make your experience easier and avoid getting embarrassed. So, here are a few very insightful tips:
- You should probably test it out at home first, before going directly outside and cranking the vibrations up to the max. See your reactions and make note of which vibration level you can handle so far.
- When you do go out in public, make sure you’re the one controlling the device and not your partner at first. This way, only you can tell when the stimulation is getting too intense and you can feel comfortable that you’re controlling it for now.
- Turn the toy on before inserting it or placing it on top of the clitoris. This will prevent you from any surprises.
- You’re advised to use lubricant with these types of vibrators as well. The lube makes everything easier and more comfortable.
- Give it time! It may not feel very comfortable if you’re just a beginner, but the experience will feel better the more you do it. So, give it time before you give up too quickly.
The Pros and Cons of Wearable Vibrators
- There is a lot of versatility that comes with wearable vibrators. You can enjoy most of them anywhere you want.
- The app-controlled wearable vibrators can do wonders for long-distance couples by allowing them to stay connected in one of the most important ways – sexually.
- They are extremely beneficial for anyone with a disability or similar mobility issues because you can use these vibrators completely hands-free.
- Depending on the exact model you get, you can use these toys for additional stimulation during intercourse with your partner.
- Not all wearable vibrators are whisper-quiet. You need to read reviews before realizing it makes way too much noise for certain public areas.
- For beginners, it can take a bit of getting used to until you position the toy comfortably.
- Sometimes, the apps that allow you to control these vibrators can crash or be unstable.
Best Wearable Vibrator Brands to Buy From
If you’re new to the sex toy world, you may have trouble finding a good brand that you know you can trust. Well, let’s save you from a lot of hard work and present this list of brands that sell high-quality, body-safe, and satisfying sex toys.
Wearable vibrators are discreet, quiet, surprisingly intense, and highly versatile sex toys. You can enjoy them in so many ways, at so many places. You can do it solo, or with your partner. Your imagination is the limit. So, take advantage of this guide and go get the right vibrator for your needs.