What Is a Plug-In Vibrator?
A plug-in vibrator can be any vibrator that requires to be plugged into an electric socket while you’re using it. Back in the day, many different types of vibrators used to require this. Today, it’s quite rare to find one because all of them have been replaced with the more convenient rechargeable and cordless vibrators.
The reason plug-in vibrators are so rarely used these days is that they are often very inconvenient. The fact that it has to be plugged in during stimulation makes it difficult and annoying to use. It also gives you less freedom to move around. So, why use that when you clearly have a better alternative?
However, there is one area where plug-in vibrators are better than cordless ones – they are more powerful. In most cases, the difference is quite noticeable. So, if you’re someone who absolutely depends on very intense stimulation, you’ll probably like plug-in vibrators despite the fact that the long cords can be bothersome.
How Much Do Plug-In Vibrators Cost?
It depends on the type of vibrator you’re trying to get. Most of the time, the only vibrator you’ll see on any shelf that’s wired is a plug-in wand vibrator. It’s the only type of vibrator that still makes sense to be wired because some wand vibrators have always been known and desired for their incredible power and vibration intensity.
In any case, the average price range for a corded vibrator will be anywhere between $50 and all the way up to over $200. The higher its quality, the more expensive it will be, obviously. This means better vibrations, good-quality cords, excellent buttons, and so on.
Pros & Cons of Plug-In Vibrators
There’s not too much to say about a corded vibrator’s pros these days. However, listing the few options that are available can still help you decide more easily.
- Can go up to incredibly intense vibrations that are hard to handle for more than a few seconds at a time.
- More consistent vibrations that don’t lose intensity over time.
- Usually more durable and will last for years without any issues whatsoever.
- You never have to wait an hour or two for your device to recharge if you forgot to do so before you start using it.
- You get unlimited runtime. Use it for your pleasure as long as you want.
- Plug-in vibrators are rare these days. What’s even rarer is finding a plug-in vibrator for internal stimulation, such as G-spot or anal stimulation.
- Less freedom to move around because of its cord. Sometimes these cords are very short, forcing you to use the device in uncomfortable positions.
- Plug-in vibrators can never be used in water, as there’s no way to waterproof them like most rechargeable vibrators.
- They are usually more expensive compared to cordless and rechargeable vibrators.
- Expect many of them to be loud as well.
Just because they are not as popular as they used to be, it doesn’t mean that plug-in vibrators are bad. It’s just that cordless ones have become so much more convenient to use. If you still want very strong and intense vibrations, then nothing can replace a good old-fashioned corded vibrator.