Choosing a Waterproof Vibrator
Waterproof vibrators enhance the stimulation experience by allowing you to safely use the vibrator in the bath, under the shower, in a jacuzzi, or similar. Believe it or not, these scenarios can often make using sex toys much more satisfying.
The buying process when it comes to waterproof vibrators is still sometimes confusing. You may think you’re buying a waterproof vibrator when it turns out it is only splashproof. Yes, there is a difference. Fortunately, by the end of this guide, you’ll be an expert on waterproof vibrators.
We’re going to explore the different levels of waterproofing vibrators, what benefits you’ll get with this feature, and other factors you need to keep in mind before buying.
Waterproof Vibrators and Their IPX Ratings (Quality)
There is an easier way to determine how waterproof a vibrator is. As you may know, not all of them will withstand being drowned in the bathtub or in a pool. Some can only handle light splashes that facilitate the cleaning experience at best.
So, this piece of information will clear up so much around this topic and help you look at waterproof sex toys from a different perspective.
There is something called an IPX rating when it comes to any waterproof products. The higher this rating is, the tighter the seals and seams in these products. The same goes for vibrators, obviously.
- IPX0: No water resistance or protection whatsoever.
- IPX1: It’s only safe as long as water drips vertically on the vibrator
- IPX2: It’s safe as long as the water hits the vibrator at a 15° angle or less
- IPX3: This level already handles water spraying but as long as it hits from an angle of up to 60°.
- IPX4: This is now called splashproof. It can handle splashes or light sprays from any direction.
- IPX5: It’s the same as IPX4 but it will handle sprays up to something like a low-pressure jet spray.
- IPX6: A vibrator with IPX6 protection won’t get damaged even from high-pressure sprays of water.
- IPX7: This level is fully waterproof and allows you to submerge the device underwater for up to 1 meter for around 30 minutes without getting damaged.
- IPX8: The same as IPX7 but it lets you submerge it even deeper underwater.
What Are the Main Benefits of Waterproof Vibrators
Obviously, the main benefit would be that your vibrator will not get damaged when it comes into contact with water. But, what does this mean for the experience? Why would you even submerge a vibrator underwater in the first place?
Well, it turns out there’s a lot of convenience and satisfaction that comes with this. Here’s a list:
- Cleaning: Fully waterproof vibrators are extremely easy to clean. You can scrub, rinse, and soap it up without having to worry about its interior or exterior.
- Privacy: If you don’t live alone, taking a waterproof vibrator in the bathroom and using it under the shower provides a lot of discretion and privacy, as no one will bother you while you’re showering.
- Lifespan: Considering how tightly sealed these vibrators are, they are also immune to dust entering and destroying the interior electronics over time. So, this also increases the toy’s lifespan.
- Unique sensation: The water helps with lubrication and also enhances the stimulation. Hot water often makes things even better. This is a simple benefit but one that you can easily get hooked on.
The best waterproof vibrator for you is one that you think you will like. Don’t get too obsessed with what other people are saying about different brands or vibrator models. At the end of the day, you first have to think about what type of vibrator you want, then find one that’s fully waterproof.